This weekend we are visiting friends and I thought about making some cookies to bring along. They are easy to make and keep fresh quite a while if stored in a cookie box (full recipe after the jump).
280 gr flour
1 ts baking soda
250 gr soft butter
260 gr sugar
1 ts silan (date syrup)
400 gr granola mix
250 gr chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and put aside.
2. In another bowl with an electric mixer, mix the butter, sugar and the silan till the mix is fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the eggs and continue to mix for about 3 additional minutes till everything gets even more fluffy.
3. Add the flour-baking soda-salt and roughly mix using a wooden spoon. It doesn’t have to be perfectly homogenic.
4. Add the granola and the chocolate chips and mix gently still using the wooden spoon.
5. Lay out the baking pan with a sheet of baking paper and put a few big drops of the dough on the pan. Slightly flatten the drops with the spoon. Be careful, in the oven the cookies will become twice as wide, so space the drops out in order to avoid the cookies sticking together.
6. Depensing on the size of the cookies, bake them 10-13 minutes. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down on the pan for about 5 minutes before putting them on a grid to fully cool down.
This recipe was adapted from the cooking book of Cynthia Barcomi.